PCHDC has served as the Administrative Agent for the Municipality of Princeton’s Affordable Rental Program since 2011. PCHDC currently oversees 39 rental units within several housing projects in Princeton.
Current renters contact PCHDC or their respective Property Manager if they wish to vacate their unit. Applicants contact PCHDC directly for rental opportunities.
As the Administrative Agent, PCHDC is responsible for:
- Overseeing the rental affordability controls
- Affirmative marketing for each rental
- Processing all rental applications
- Completing household income certifications
- Maintaining the rental waitlist of income eligible applicants
- Informing owners of annual rental adjustments set by NJ COAH
- Conduct random selection lotteries as needed.
PCHDC follows the New Jersey Council on Affordable Housing’s (NJ COAH) guidelines to administer the Princeton Affordable Rental Program, as defined and set forth in the Uniform Housing Affordability Controls (UHAC) and in N.J.A.C. 5:80-26:1 et seq.
Further details can be found at: